Training & Assessment Officer
Position: Training & Assessment Officer
Hours: 18Hrs (Monday to Friday, to be worked over 3 days) – Permanent
Salary: £21,589 pro rata
To have responsibility for delivering training which ensures that staff are aware of and understand policies and procedures relating to the Health and Social Care setting. To maintain high quality standards and ensure the effective running of the organisation and compliance with all regulatory standards.
To be accountable to: Operations Manager
- To have responsibility for ensuring staff are aware of policies and procedures of the organisation to ensure the effective running of the organisation and compliance with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, (as prescribed by the Care Quality Commission), and any other relevant regulatory standards
- To have an overview of all the policies of the organisation and in depth knowledge around critical policies.
- To plan and implement methods to provide all staff with policy updates and updates to the staff handbook, ensuring they understand and implement all up to date policy requirements
- To ensure all in house training reflects the requirements of the policy framework
- To ensure that all staff understand their responsibility attached to the policies and procedures of the organisation and that they form the framework for good practice, and to ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
- To ensure the training material fulfils legislative requirements and is in line with Crossroads Care Rotherham’s policy and procedures in terms of frequency of updates.
- To deliver the induction to care staff in an engaging and motivational manner.
- To have an up to date knowledge of the Care Certificate and update the training as and when required in order to deliver appropriate training.
- To oversee all care related training for the organisation. Identify suitable ways of facilitating/delivering the training locally with qualified individuals in the most cost effective way, internally and externally
- To contribute and implement the annual training plan, ensuring that all mandatory training is monitored, flagged up when required, organised and delivered well in advance .
- To be responsible for all aspects of the induction of care staff including planning and delivery. Review and revise the Induction Training Programme annually or more frequently in response to legislative changes
- To be responsible for in house delivery of training, including the use of workbooks. Deliver training and support staff to assist in aspects of delivery.
- To liaise with all Care Co-ordinators and Assistant Care Co-ordinators with regards to training and personal development needs of Care Support Workers.
- To attend all required meetings and build appropriate partnerships in order to maintain an in-depth knowledge of the changes in process and legislation relating to mandatory training.
- To maintain all paper and computer records in relation to training, including staff files, and legislative requirements in line with Data Protection guidelines.
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation which may affect the operational activities of the organisation, developing systems to ensure compliance with such legislation.
- To identify mechanisms for monitoring and reviewing the implementation and impact of training.
- To undertake activities to monitor, measure and evaluate the quality of the training being delivered to care staff.
- To act as lead assessor and to be responsible for all aspects of the Care Certificate and the Diploma programme, (or equivalent,) of the organisation, ensuring relevant targets are met and plans are in place for continuous improvement
- To actively assess new care staff following their induction.
- To ensure all competencies are completed appropriately, both for new staff and for existing staff on an ongoing annual basis.
- To complete all necessary paperwork and support the Care Support Workers to achieve the competencies.
- To provide follow up and review any staff failing to achieve the standards.
- To work closely as part of a team, providing flexible support and cover to maintain high quality services.
- To contribute towards preparation for external audits.
- To contribute towards the implementation of quality assessment tools.
Training & Development
- To keep an up-to-date knowledge base through attendance at study days and courses as determined in discussion with the Operations Manager.
- To participate in regular supervisions and performance reviews in line with Crossroads Care policy and regulatory requirements.
- To follow Crossroads Care Code of Conduct.
- To adhere to all Crossroads Care Rotherham’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post holder’s grade as requested by the Operations Manager.
To request an application pack for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office on 01709 360272