Community Hub Manager
Community Hub Manager For “The Corner”
Salary: £20,751 pro rata with excellent benefits
Hours and Working Pattern: 22.5 hours per week over three days
Terms of employment: Permantent job share
Location: Crossroads Care Rotherham – Rotherham
To apply for this vacancy please click here.
- To have overall responsibility for the coffee corner, charity shop, training facility and carers information and support.
- To take day to day responsibility for managing a team of volunteers; working to maximise store income, maintain high standards of customer service, health and safety and coordinate a team of volunteer assistants to staff the shop and café area.
- To co-ordinate use of the training space.
- Optimising income generated.
- To be responsible and accountable for maximising The Corner turnover by achieving budgeted income, controlling expenditure in line with budget.
- To motivate a team of volunteers’ achieving a good retention rate
- To act as line manager for a team of volunteers within the Corner.
- To create and manage a schedule for volunteers working patterns.
- To collate and authorise expenses for volunteers.
- To prepare financial information and submit to the Finance Manager.
- To adhere to the Operating manual, all Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation.
- To complete all administration to a standard and deadlines that meet the requirements set by the Project Development Manager.
- To provide excellent customer care by providing a high quality of service in all areas.
- Dealing with complaints both efficiently and effectively in line with procedures and reporting to the Project Development Manager.
- To be a key holder and ensure safe opening and locking up of premises.
- To ensure recording and banking of monies taken on a daily basis.
- To ensure volunteers are appropriately trained to fulfil their role, working with the volunteer coordinator – who will recruit and induct volunteers. Training will Moving and Handling, Food Hygiene, Dementia Awareness etc
- Ensure that all training is recorded and monitored and refresher training is delivered at appropriate intervals to comply with legislation
- Manage stock levels and stock collection, order and rotate stock and gather and report data relating to sales performance on coffee corner and charity shop.
- To be the responsible person for Fire practice & register
- To maintain a safe working environment
- To adhere to legislative requirements eg H&S, Fire Regulations
Charity Shop Responsibilities
- To work in close liaison with the Project & Development Manager.
- Proactive stock generation, optimum pricing, processing stock to agreed amounts and stock planning.
- To manage online sales through web-based sale sites and social media.
- To maintain high levels of shop presentation by merchandising and housekeeping to agreed standards as discussed with the Project Development Manager.
- Role involves a degree of manual handling in sorting and moving stock and management of moving and handling by volunteers.
- To control shop expenditure through effective cost control of weekly expenses.
- To ensure minimum losses of both stock and cash by following bank and till procedures, and safeguarding the property of Crossroads Care Rotherham at all times.
- To manage clearance of rubbish, unsaleable clothing (rags) on a regular basis.
- To be responsible for the daily management of the shop team, including supervision, performance reviews for the volunteers.
- To liaise with the Volunteer Co-ordinator with regards to recruitment, support and retaining a team of The Corner volunteers.
- Rosta volunteers to cover the opening hours of the shop and coordinate cover for sickness, holiday and other absences as required.
- Attend where appropriate, training courses relevant to the development of the role.
- Promote awareness of relevant training courses and development opportunities to volunteer members.
- Attendance at relevant meetings with management.
- Responsibility for cascading information to volunteers.
- To manage donations and Gift Aid in line with Policy.
- To work in close liaison with the Project & Development Manager.
- To develop and manage relationships with customers, staff and suppliers.
- To train and manage The Corner volunteers on the day to day running of this area .
- To ensure stock rotation and safe disposal of date expired foods.
- Adhere to and manage the coffee corner in line with food hygiene regulations and ensure that all relevant documentation is being completed correctly.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene in line with food Hygiene regulations.
- To manage all aspects of the daily running of the coffee corner including limited food preparation, restocking and delivery of goods, ensuring its smooth running and proper administration.
- To have a good knowledge of current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene, Fire safety equipment and precautions, certain age-restricted products, and relevant parts of the Shops’ Acts.
- Gain on going knowledge changes to legislation and make relevant amendments to work practices
- To process and record sales.
- To support team of volunteers in times of absence or annual leave.
Carers Information and Support
- To ensure sufficient stock of literature accessible for carers and the general public.
- To request new literature as required to maintain stock levels.
- To display information and relevant resources to support carers.
- To participate in annual events eg. volunteering week, carers week as required.
- To signpost the public to relevant organisations within Rotherham.
- Net work with other organisation and display any new relevant information
- To manage the booking and co-ordination of training facilities.
- To ensure the presentation of the rooms is suitable for the needs of the people using the facility.
- To liaise with Finance manager to ensure invoicing for room bookings.
- Organise and deliver refreshments in line with hygiene regulations.
- To ensure Health and Safety with regards to fire registers are in place and adhered to.
- To actively promote room hire to maximise profitability of the facilities.
- To manage the signing in and out registers.
- To conduct audit and spot checks in relation to GDPR, Fire Regulations, Health and Safety & Food Hygiene.
Personal Training and Development
- To participate in regular supervisions and personal development reviews with the Project and Business Development Manager in line with Crossroads Care policy and regulatory requirements.
- In consultation with the project Development Manager, the Community Hub Manager will attend study days, seminars and training courses as determined by his/her individual training and development needs.
- To follow Crossroads Care Code of Conduct.
- To work within the philosophy and policies and procedures of the organisation.
- To adhere to Fire Regulations and Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure that equality and diversity principals are applied at all times.
To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post holder’s grade as requested