Care Co-ordinator Vacancy
Working Pattern: 37 hours
Term of Employment: Permanent
Closing date: 19/09/19
To request an application pack for this vacancy please contact our office on 01709 360272 or email email@example.com.
- To assist in the management and promotion of services offered by the organisation, co-operating with statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a service for carers, their families and people with care needs, in line with the aims and objectives, policies and standards of the organisation.
- To contribute towards business development and promotion of Crossroads Care Rotherham’s brand.
- To be accountable to the Operations Manager
- To assist in the recruitment and induction of care staff in line with employment legislation and regulatory requirements.
- To co-ordinate care staff and resources effectively, ensuring the delivery of high quality services.
- To work closely with the service user to devise and implement a personalised care plan, and ensure the smooth running and effectiveness of the care package through monitoring and regular review.
- To work closely with statutory and voluntary agencies as required.
- To work closely with the Assistant Care Co-ordinator ensuring a cohesive service is offered to staff and service users.
- To investigate any reported accident / incident and near misses, ensuring that all Health and Safety legislation is met and the Operations Manager is informed of any incidents ensuring that improvements are identified and implemented as a result.
- To monitor referrals in accordance with Crossroads Care Rotherham policies and procedures, compile & submit weekly reports to the Operations Manager as required.
- To monitor and manage the day-to-day demands made upon the service and work with the Operations Manager to develop the service capacity.
- To ensure the service delivered meets the requirements of the service user and is within budgetary constraints
- To supervise and appraise staff in line with the organisations policies and procedures.
- To raise awareness of the complaints procedure and where action is necessary, report immediately to the Operations Manager.
- To participate on a rota’d basis in the out of hours, weekend and Bank Holiday ‘on call rota’
- To ensure the training needs of all care and support staff are identified and fed into the development of the annual training plan.
- To contribute to the production of an annual Business Plan.
- To manage the waiting lists and ensure effective communication with all service users/potential service users.
- To actively develop business growth and promotion and utilise selling time to create business opportunities
- To conduct regular audits on staff on a random basis regarding quality of services delivered.
- To work with the Operations Manager and the Chief Executive to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Quality tools.
- To work closely as part of a team, providing flexible support and cover to maintain high quality services.
- To ensure a quality service is provided by monitoring standards, reviewing the service and producing regular reports for the Operations Manager.
Carers and People with Care Needs
- To accept referrals in line with Service Level Agreements and Crossroads Care Rotherham policies and procedures.
- To ensure all clients referred are assessed in line with the eligibility criteria.
- To undertake a home visit
- To devise a personalised care plan and to determine, in consultation with service users and relevant professionals, the support to be provided by Rotherham Crossroads Care in accordance with all requirements.
- To undertake risk assessments in client homes following appropriate referrals
- To identify care staff training needs as part of the service user needs assessment process and liase with the Training Officer to organise appropriate training.
- To develop a high quality personalised service to ensure independence is maintained and service users are able to remain living in their own homes.
- To ensure all associated administration is in place through liaison with the office staff
- To liaise with the Rota Manager to match care staff to clients to provide person centred services.
- To assist and enable the service user to access other relevant support services.
- To maintain regular contact with clients by telephone/home visits to regularly monitor and review the effectiveness of the care package.
- To be available on a flexible basis in periods of client/carer emergency including emergency cover, emergency care set up and on call.
- To ensure the efficient and effective delivery of service to clients.
- To conduct investigations where required in line with the relevant policy or procedure.
- In liaison with the HR Manager, to conduct absence review meetings in cases of short persistent absence and underlying ill health meetings in cases of longer absences
- To provide ongoing support to, and regular supervision of care staff in all aspects of their work, training and personal development.
- To maintain full and effective systems of communication with all staff and participate in regular staff meetings.
- In instances of poor performance, to adhere to the policy and procedure and report matter to the HR Manager.
Personal Training and Development
- To keep an up-to-date knowledge base through attendance at study days and courses as determined in discussion with the Operations Manager
- To establish and maintain effective communication links to other agencies
- To participate in regular supervisions and performance reviews and work towards achievement of a performance plan.
- To follow Crossroads Care Code of Conduct
- To adhere to all Crossroads Care Rotherham’s policies and procedures
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post holder’s grade as requested by the Operations Manager.