Carers Clinics are a drop in style facility for anyone who looks after a family member or friend, who without their help and support, would struggle. The clinics are run and facilitated by staff working with the Carers Reilience Service.
What we can offer…
- Information on local resources and support that can help you and the person you care for
- Someone to talk to about your caring role
- Advice on how to manage your caring role and take care of your own health and wellbeing
- Signposting to services that can offer you the support you need
- Information on rights of carers and Carers’ Assessments within the Care Act
- Information on where to access support in times of crisis
- Signposting to Carer Support and Activity Groups
How to access Carers Clinics
As a carer you can ask for a private appointment that can be booked at your GP surgery. Alternatively, you can request a Carers Clinic timetable from your GP receptionist.
For information on a Carers Clinic near you please contact the Carers Resilience Service team on 01709 464574.